White Out Wednesday

11:57 AM

Hello my little Sparklers!!!!! Today is White Out Wednesday!!! I know with fall you see a lot of dark makeup looks with a lot of browns, cranberry, and mauve shades and don't get me wrong I love the dark looks but I was so tired of just always doing dark so I decided to lighten things up a bit.


I decided to do a white eye shadow look today. First I used my Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in the shade NW20 all over my eye lids and then I used a damp beauty blender to blend it. I use the Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer instead of an eye shadow primer for 2 reasons. 1: the Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer has long wear technology in their formula and it lasts twice as long as a eye shadow primer and 2: I have very pale skin and my veins are a noticeable bright blue so it conceals the veins in my eyelids and it makes my eyes appear more awake. Also, I know most of you have heard about the Beauty Blender Craze and let me tell you all the hype is very appropriate! That little sponge is amazing! It can be used to blend concealer, foundation, cream blush or bronzer, and just so much! You can honestly do a whole face of makeup and just use a Beauty Blender! Just make sure you dampen it a dry Beauty Blender will not be your friend, it has to be damp! Just squeeze it under running water for 30 seconds and when you are done squeeze the excess water out (Remember I said damp not wet, a wet beauty blender will work as well as a dry beauty blender). Then I used the Nyx Cosmetics Eye Shadow Base in the shade White and applied it to just my lid (do not put it all over the eye). Then I went in with a Sigma E38 Diffused Crease brush and dipped it into the Buxom Eye shadow Bar in the Shade Designer or Die and in windshield wiper motions I dusted it in the crease of my eyelid. I just wanted a cool toned beige color a little darker than my natural skin tone in my crease so that there would be some definition but not distracting from the focal point of the look which is the white lid. Now, for the main attraction the white eye shadow! I used a Morphe M135 Eye shadow Base brush and dipped it in the Lorac Pro Palette and used the shade "White". If you guys haven't gotten the Lorac Pro Palette I would definitely recommend it. It is $42 but it comes with 16 eye shadows so that's roughly $2.62 an eye shadow and the pigmentation is incredible!!! Now when you dip the brush into the white eye shadow you want to pack it onto the lid meaning spreading it on the lid using dabbing like motions DO NOT USE WINDOW SHIELD WIPER MOTIONS this will spread out the color and make it appear more sheer and for this look we want the white to pop. I then applied my eyeliner with an angled eye liner brush from Elf and applied mascara (Any mascara is fine). When I was done I felt the look was a little too White and I wanted to add a pop of color so I used the dark purple shade in the Nyx Beauty School Drop Out Palette and used a Morphe G27 Pencil Brush and in Windshield wiping motions I dusted my bottom lash line. I then did my regular foundation routine, which if you would like a post on it let me know!!! To finish the look i mixed The NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks in the shade " Life's a Beach" and "Tea & Cookies".
Let me know your thoughts on this post :) Ill link all the products mentioned above down below so you can purchase them if you want to have these look.


                                    *** Never Forget to Sparkle***



Products Mentioned:
Buxom Eyeshadow Bar Single- Shade "Designer or Die"
Nyx Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick- Shade " Life's a Beach" and "Tea and Cookies"

                                            






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook