December Beauty Favorites

11:41 AM

Hello all my sparklers! Sorry that I am just now posting my husband and I did a lot of traveling for Christmas and it was just craziness! For Christmas of course my family got me a lot of makeup and I have purchased a lot myself so I decided to dedicate this blog to all my favorites I got this month!! This blog is kind of long so pour yourself a nice cup of tea, have a seat, and enjoy :)
**I will link all items down below so when you click on the name it will take you to where you can purchase it if you want to try it**

In the Face category I have a few favorites.
1. The Elf- High Definition Powder- Shade Translucent 
Holy Freaking Moley I love this powder!!! I use this to help set my foundation. This bad boy helps my foundation stay all day!!!! This is great for people who have oily skin who need to mattify their face. I have dry skin ( i mean super desert dry) but I have issues with my foundation staying on my face. I just lightly dab this all over and it really does help my foundation stick to my face. It also gives you such a pretty air brush effect. It's also only like $6.00 and the container is huge!!!

2. The L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte 24HR Foundation 

So I have been seeing a lot of this foundation a lot on Youtube so I decided to try it out. Oh my goodness gracious.... this stuff is a dream. I use the shade Classic Ivory 101 because I am as white as a ghost. This is perfect for people who have oily skin since it is a matte finish and no oil is getting through this bad boy. I know what your thinking... um Shelby... you just said you have super dry skin. I just put on a moisturizer, then a primer, and then I apply this foundation. It has a nice natural finish on my skin when I do that and it looks like actual skin and not makeup sitting on top of skin.
This stuff last all day with no touch ups! I absolutely love it!


3. Loreal Tru Match Lumi Cushion Foundation





I wear the shade W2. This foundation formula wise is nothing that I have ever experienced!!!! First of all I love love love Loreal Tru Match Lumi. Its a dry skin girl's wet dream.,..literally.... because it makes your skin feel so hydrated and it gives you a glow from within. So naturally when I saw the Cushion and I was like okay ill get it a try. When you dip your finger in it the texture is unreal. It feels like a mousse on when you first touch it but when you put it on the skin it blends out so beautifully. It gives me such a beautiful glow. I love it!!!

4. The Smash Box Photo Finish Primer- Light

This Foundation Primer is a must have in everyone's makeup collection!! A Primer is used to help prime the face for your foundation aka foundation glue. Well...not really glue... but it does help foundation stick to your face extremely well. It is good for dry skin, oily skin, combination skin, really ANY skin type. Smash Box has tons of primers and in my opinion they make the best primers. They have primers for redness, oil control, dry skin, and to fill in your pores. I got the Photo Finish Primer I love this as an every day primer for my skin it helps my foundation blend flawless into my face and helps my makeup remain on my face all day!
5. ColourPop Highlighter- Lunch Money





 So I have been loving highlighters recently and ColourPop has been KILLING it with their highlighters!!!! The formula is so creamy its like butter and the highlight looks so great on the cheek bones. It gives you such a beautiful glowing look. My favorite way to wear this is as a base on my cheek bones and then I put Champagne Pop on top of it. I look like a Sparkling fairy and I love it!


6. Becca Jaclyn Hill's Champagne Pop Highlighter- AKA Best Highlight Ever




So if you guys haven't already figured out I love to sparkle! So I try to collect as many highlighters as I can. Jaclyn Hill (AKA best Youtube Beauty Guru Ever) did a collaboration with Becca Cosemtics and she created a highlighter called Champagne Pop. I didnt show the picture of the inside of the compact because i broke it all to pieces.. but you better believe I still use it.. thats how good it is!!! What I love about the highlighter is that it is not only so creamy and pigmented but it is build-able. The camera unfortunately didn't pick up the color as well as I would like but it is a golden/ champagne highlight. When you first swatch it a very subtle glow is reflected and this is perfect for a subtle dewy face look it gives you just the right amount of glow. But you can build it up to have a super intense highlight as well. I use this every day and I absolutely adore it.


7. Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Wipes
My last facial favorite is the Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Wipes. First off these wipes smell SO FREAKING GOOD!!!!!! It smells like you are in a meadow it is so relaxing and smells so clean!!! I put a lot of makeup/ skin care products on my face throughout the day and not only does this remove it all (including waterproof mascara and liquid lipsticks) but it leaves my skin so soft afterwards. I love Aveeno products I feel like all of their products are great for sensitive skin like mine and the wipes are no exception!


Now Onto the Eyes!!!!

Okay so it is no secret that I love eyeshadows! There are just endless possibilities when it comes to the eyes so thats why I think they are so fun to play with. I have two sets im going to be writing about today. One I have had since the beginning of the December and the other I got for Chrismtas.


1.  The NYX Beauty School Drop Out Graduate Palette 



This Palette has been my ride or die all December. If you haven't heard of NYX you definitely need to go check them out. They have really great products for affordable prices.... think of them as the brand between drugstore and high end makeup. This Palette comes with 35 Eye shadows, 3 blushes, two highlighters, and two bronzers. If I am being completely honestly I really only love the eye shadows in this palette the blushes, highlighters, and bronzers haven't really impressed me that much. But the eye shadows are crazy pigmented and blendable. I didn't swatch all of them because there are ALOT but these shades are seriously amazing. This Palette has it all it has warm shades, cool shades, neutral shades, shimmer shades, and matte shades. There are just so many awesome combinations!!!


2. The Lorac Limited Edition Dazzleing Dozen 2 Eye Shadow Collection 

This was a Christmas present from my sister in law and when I got it I was stunned. I LOVE Lorac eye shadows and they have always been an oldie but a goodie for me. They are always so pigmented and blendable so when I got this collection I was so excited to play. All of my swatches as well as the shadow names are below.









































 Well everyone that is all my favorites for this month!!!

Please comment below with your feedback or requests!!

*Don't let anyone dull your sparkle*

Purchasing Links

Elf High Definition Powder
 L' Oreal Infallible Pro Matte 24HR Foundation
L'Oreal Tru Match Lumi Cushion Foundation
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light
ColourPop Lunch Money
Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Pop
Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Wipes
NYX Cosmetics Beauty School Dropout Graduate Palette
Lorac Limited Edition Dazzling Dozen 2

















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook